If, like me, you are always thirsty for new music, you may want to read a bit further. 2014 has been crazy in terms of music, that it even made my top ten albums of the year really hard to chose. I found my perfect balance between my all-time favourite musicians releasing new material and upcoming artists.

3 - Fakear - Sauvage
Three EPs stood out for me this year. The young French genius Fakear made the whole electronic scene shiver when he released, last June, his new EP Sauvage.
Fakear is different. His attitude on stage, his samples, his sound, his influences. Everything he makes is very singular.
2 - DYD - GOD
DYD, called DID until mid-2014, released two first albums in 2009 and 2011. I loved both of them and was very excited for the new music. GOD is a tribute to their producers, Gang Of Ducks.
The three-piece based is based in Turino, Italy and has very unique and bizarre exotic beats. An album is planned for 2015 and I can't contain my excitement. Keep an eye on them!
1 - Weval - Easier
I just realised while writing this article that, for once, I have a very eclectic selection of artists. Yes, they all come from the electronic music scene but from three different countries, which I find pretty exciting.
Weval are a two-piece Dutch band and, before anything, a huge slap on the face. Their aesthetic is absolutely perfect, and the singer has this Thom Yorke-like voice that will take your breath away.


No comments:
Post a Comment