My favourite thing to do when a year is coming to a close is to make a little list of what I reckon the ten best albums of the year are. To be fair, it looks like a list of the ten albums I listened to the most more than anything else. Unlike professionals of the music industry, I don't have a large variety of content to start with, so my opinion is absolutely biaised and stems from what made me cry or dance or smile.
2014 has been amazing in terms of music, a few of my favourite artists released new material but I also found out about excellent upcoming musicians. It's really hard to put them in order and, to be honest, my top ten has changed quite a lot before I decided to write this article but here's anyway the ten albums who made my year.
10 - Hylas - Thomas Azier
9 - Barragán - Blonde Redhead
8 - Best Friends - Pale Grey
7 - Lacuna - Childhood
6 - Tomorrow's Modern Boxes - Thom Yorke
5 - War Room Stories - Breton
4 - So Long, See You Tomorrow - Bombay Bicycle Club
3 - This Is All Yours - alt-J
2 - El Pintor - Interpol
1 - Total Strife Forever - East India Youth
My big winner is year is William Doyle, aka East India Youth. This man is an alien with the most incredible voice and a synth. It's hard to put words on his virtuosity, you should have a listen!
I also have to mention of course the amazing albums of Warpaint, Blood Red Shoes, Caribou, Azealia Banks, Kid Cudi, The Notwist, Morrissey, Johnny Marr, Metronomy that I absolutely loved.
If you have any music recommendations you'd like to share, I'd love to hear them! What are your top ten albums this year? What albums are you most looking forward to in 2015? A bunch of pretty cool artists are working on new stuff like Only Real, Dutch Uncles, Everything Everything, Muse and many more. 2015 is going to be great!



No comments:
Post a Comment